MATARIKI - Soundtrack
Matariki Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is a mish-mash of New Zealand talent at it's best.
If you're a Kiwi music fan, make sure you get a copy. Matariki is the debut film from New Zealand director Michael Bennett. Filmed in South Auckland with a fairly unknown cast, the story follows the lives of eight people affected by one random act of violence, who search for hope and new beginnings as the constellation Matariki (Maori New Year) rises in the Southern skies.
The music behind the film is made up in this 15-track album. It features the single See What Love Can Do, written by Don McGlashan and performed by Bella Kalolo.
The rest of the soundtrack features a range of Kiwi musicians from a variety of styles and genres including Gin Wigmore, Prince Tui Teka, Conchord Dawn, The Phoenix Foundation, The Misfits of Science, Jamoa Jam and more.
Support Kiwi music and a Kiwi film.
1. What Love Can Do (Bella Kalolo)
2. Siva Mai (Te Vaka)
3. Ride With Us (Boss)
4. Rude Mechanicals (Pitch Black)
5. These Roses (Gin Wigmore)
6. Teine O Le Atunu'u (Jamoa Jam)
7. Fools Love: Matariki Remix (Misfits of Science)
8. Raining Blood (Concord Dawn)
9. E Sio Vare Vare (Tongarewa 5 with Mr Taia
10. Sneaky Sneaky Dog Friend (Connan & The Mockasins)
11. Bolero Bamboos (Bill Sevesi)
12. Cupid (The Brunettes)
13. Mum (Prince Tui Teka)
14. Sister Risk (The Phoenix Foundation)
15. Feels Like Rain (The Stone Feather Blues Experience)